Link Financial Group Ltd trading as Mortgage Link and Insurance Link FSP696731 holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. SureCapital Investments Ltd FSP624289 trading as EverBright Finance is authorised by that licence to provide financial advice.
Link Financial Group Ltd trading as Mortgage Link and Insurance Link is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 0800 466 784
Address: 1/1 Antares Place, Rosedale, Auckland
Nature and scope of advice
SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance advisers provide advice about:
- Personal insurance (risk), including health insurance.
- Business Risk Insurance (Key Person, Shareholder Protection benefits, Business Overheads/Expenses)
- ACC advice
- Mortgages and personal lending
- Determining how much you can afford to borrow to purchase a property (within lenders affordability guidelines).
- Selecting an appropriate lender and mortgage structure.
- How to structure your repayments to pay off your mortgage sooner
- Structuring and refixing your current lending.
We provide advice in relation to the following lending products:
- Personal Loans
- Top ups
- Fixed rate rollovers
- Debt consolidation
- Business loans
We provide advice in relation to the following insurance products:
- Life insurance
- Trauma insurance
- Total and permanent disability insurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Mortgage and household expenses cover
- Health/medical insurance
We provide advice in relation to products provided by the following companies:
- China Construction Bank
- Bank of China
- Heartland Bank
- The Co-Operative Bank
- Pepper Money
- First Mortgage Trust
- Avanti Finance
- NZCU Baywide
- General Finance
- Cressida Capital
- Apricity Finance
- Basecorp Finance
- ASAP Finance
- Western Union
- NZCU South
- Zip Business
- Strata Funding
- Gold Band Finance
- Southern Cross Partners
- Asteron Life
- Fidelity Life
- Southern Cross Life Insurance
Fees and expenses
Mortgage and lending planning fee
- SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance advisers are usually remunerated by way of commission, by the providers of the loan products we recommend. On occasion, some providers may not pay a commission. In this situation, we will charge a fee for our advice. The fee payable will be a reflection of the time required to obtain a loan approval for you. Where a fee will be payable for the advice, your SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance adviser will agree the amount of the fee with you prior to obtaining a lending approval. This fee can be added to your loan amount and will be paid to SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance at the time your loan is advanced.
- Where a SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance adviser has obtained an approval from a lender who does pay commission, but you decide not to proceed with the loan, a fee of up to $3000 will be payable as remuneration for the time spent on getting an approval. This fee is payable within 7 days of you deciding not to proceed with an approval.
Mortgage and lending service fee
- Should you proceed with a loan implementation after advice from your SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance adviser, and then repay or refinance your loan within two years of your loan being advanced, without giving your SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance adviser the opportunity to assist you with a refinance, SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance may charge you a fee of $150 per hour for the time spent to get the initial loan approved and implemented. The maximum fee will be $2,250 (15 hours). In some instances, advisers may charge a higher fee depending on the level of service provided. Your Adviser will agree with you any applicable fees.
Insurance Service Fee
No fees are payable by you for insurance advice. However, SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance may charge a fee for financial advice provided to a client if the client cancels a life or health insurance policy within two years of inception. Specific fee information will be advised when the advice is provided. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
Conflicts of interest
For life insurance and health insurance, SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies whose policies we can recommend. If you decide to take out insurance that we recommend, the insurer will pay a commission to SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance and/or the adviser who provides your advice. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of premium associated with your cover; specific commissions will be advised to you when advice is provided.
For mortgages and lending, SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance and the financial adviser receive commissions from some of the lenders we can provide recommendations for. If you proceed to implement lending with the lender recommended to you, the lender will pay a commission to your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the lending; specific remuneration will be advised to you when advice is provided.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our personalised recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances, as advised to us. financial advisers complete regular training, including how to manage conflicts of interest. Each adviser has a regular compliance review of their advice process and our compliance programme is reviewed annually by our external compliance adviser.
Disputes and complaints
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 0800 798 815. You can also write to us at: Ground floor, 381 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland. When we receive a complaint, we will consider it using our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we cannot, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS). FDRS provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. You can contact FDRS by phone 0508 337 337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SureCapital Investments Ltd T/A EverBright Finance and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests (431K)
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice (431L)
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice) (431I)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.