Welcome to EverBright Finance!
We’re here to provide you with tools and services that are designed to help you make financial progress. Before you get started, we’d like to tell you more about what we do with information we collect about you.
What This Policy Covers
That said, you should know that we may provide third party content or links to third-party websites or applications, or include features that allow you to connect your EverBright Finance account with your accounts with third parties, such as financial institutions or social media platforms like Facebook. When you leave our Services or interact with a third-party feature, you should also read the applicable third party’s privacy policies and terms of service to make sure you understand how they might collect and share information about you.
What Information We Collect
To put it simply, there are three main ways we collect information about you: when you give it to us, with automatic technologies and when we ask others for it. Allow us to explain.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as through forms, features or other means offered through our Services. A couple of examples include information you provide to us when registering as a member, and feedback forms where you send us comments, questions, or other feedback. The types of information you provide us fits into two general categories:
- Personal Information: This is information that identifies you personally, such as your full name, street address, email address, phone number etc.
- Non-Personal Information: This is information about you or your household that doesn’t identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of financial products you’re interested in, and any information from enquiries made or applications completed.
When we combine information that isn’t Personal Information (like Non-Personal Information or Usage Information, which we explain below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to information you provide to us, we automatically collect certain information about how you access and interact with our Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information is a key part of how we improve your EverBright Finance experience and provide you with more personalised insights and recommendations. We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store Usage Information in connection with our Services. These may include things like cookies, browser web storage (e.g., HTML5), web beacons and similar technologies. There are three types of Usage Information we may collect:
- Device Information. This is information about how you access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device. We may also integrate with built-in device features (e.g., when you turn on fingerprint access for your EverBright Finance account).
- Log Information. There are certain pieces of information we automatically collect in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which features you visit or click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
- Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location (e.g., your city or state). We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services. We will only use these location-enabled services on your device with your consent, though.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Many of our features rely on information about you that we collect from third parties, We may work with different third party partners to supplement the Usage Information and other information we collect directly from you. For example, our partners may provide us with information such as property or business information, or information about special offers available based on your lending or insurance purposes so that we can give you more personalised recommendations.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Services and our users’ experience, and promote our Services. These are a few examples:
- To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We’re constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that’s most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you. We use information we collect to provide customer care and support or to send you things like service-related announcements, recommendations, offers from our partners and other updates or promotions.
- To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our services.
- For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process, or respond to any governmental requests and cooperate with law enforcement, if we believe such action is required or permitted by law;
- Enforce our terms of service, including investigating any potential violations;
- Protect the safety, integrity, rights or security of our members, our Services or equipment, or any third party; or
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to our Services or our partners.
When We Share the Information We Collect
First, we want to be clear about how we do not share information about you (what we call the “No-Nos”):
- We do not share your informations with unaffiliated third parties.
- We do not sell your Personal Information to or share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own advertising or marketing purposes.
Now that we’ve covered the No-Nos, let us explain how we could share with third parties. We may share information about you, including Personal Information, with third parties in a variety of ways, such as:
- Service providers: We may share information about you with service providers to help us process your loan or insurance application or transaction, including lenders, financial institutions, insurance companies and other suppliers of products or services EverBright Finance is providing or offering to you.
- When we collaborate with third parties to provide and improve our Services. We may sometimes share information about you with third parties we collaborate with in connection with providing or improving our Services, such as IT service providers or market research companies.
- When you publicly post the information. As part of our Services, we may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include Personal Information.
- To regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties for certain legal purposes
- With Your Consent. There may also be other limited contexts in which we share specific types of personal information with your express consent.
How We Store Your Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long We Store Your Information?
We do not wish to store your Personal Information for any longer than necessary for the relevant purposes in relation to the use of our website. How long we need to keep your Personal Information depends on the purpose for which we collect it, and therefore there is no standard retention period. In all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation or regulations.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children that we know to be under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Access to Information
You can ask for confirmation from us whether we hold Personal Information about you, and to access that information where it is readily retrievable.
Correction of Information
You can request correction of any Personal Information about you which is held by us.
Accuracy of Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure any Personal Information we hold is complete, accurate and not misleading.
We will not assign a Unique Identifier to your information unless it is necessary to enable us to carry out our functions efficiently.
Want More Information?
Call: 0800 798 815
Address: Ground floor, 381 Great South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051